Fifties Ladylike Chic vs 2010 Rock Chick Glamour - fashion for faith in four colors

Monday, November 29, 2010

Fifties Ladylike Chic vs 2010 Rock Chick Glamour

I decided to have a little fun with The Daydreamer, so I mixed up this season's trend for Fifties ladylike chic (and perhaps a smidgen of pin-up!) as seen in the hit series, Mad Men, together with a bit of 2010's rock chick glamour, so well encapsulated by the modern woman of today. 
I always find myself looking at a piece of clothing, whether it's a dress, a coat or a shoe, and then considering different locations, hair and make-up looks and models that would bring my ideas together to create the perfect story to portray my interpretation of the original piece. 
For this post, I really had fun with my thoughts and the pieces in my own wardrobe (and some samples that were kindly sent to me) and then seeing the end result. I hope the photos have captured my thoughts, references and inspirations for readers of The Daydreamer, and if nothing else, brought a smile to your face.





























Credits: I Heart NY t-shirt, gift from family visiting New York; black high-waist knickers, Evans; Matt Black Opaque 80 tights by Wolford; black platform peep-toes by Aldo; Velcro rollers by Tresemme; rings on right hand top to bottom by Wallis, Accessorize and vintage; ring on left hand by Accessorize; pearl bracelets vintage, store in Oxford, black bracelet from travelling and diamante bracelet by Primark; watch by Accurist; rose-gold and corsage pearl necklace by M&S; pearl and diamante necklace by Sainsburys; Vodka & Caviar nail colour by OPI.

With thanks to Evans, Accurist, Wolford Tresemme and OPI.

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion