Beauty Busters: Clarins Eclat Du Jour - fashion for faith in four colors

Friday, May 27, 2011

Beauty Busters: Clarins Eclat Du Jour



Clarins are renowned for their luxurious yet affordable beauty products, and the latest collection maintains the brand's reputation.
I tried three products from the Eclat Du Jour collection - I'm definitely not a morning person so I was thrilled to learn of the re-engergising products.





The first product is the Daily Energizer. It's a foaming gel cleanser which claims to remove all traces of make-up. You need water to lather this one up into a re-energising frenzy, so I found it easiest to use while in the shower, which means I used it more as a cleanser rather than a make-up remover. However, it is pretty good at taking off face make-up, although it seemed to find mascara a bit tougher to remove. But I reckon that only wipes or eye make-up removers do this job properly, so no points lost there. The smell is lovely and the texture is silky soft. A great every day cleansing product, whether you need re-energising or not!





Next, I tried the Daily Energizer Wake-Up Booster - this was the product I was most looking forward to trying as I desperately need a coffee in the mornings to wake up properly and was hoping this might reduce my caffeine intake! (Although it contains green coffee extract as the re-energising ingredient!)
I really like this product; it feels fresh and, funnily enough, re-energising on the skin! I used it after showering, before moisturising and applied with a cotton pad. I highly recommend this for anyone who needs a bit more than soap and water to feel refreshed! I will certainly be making this a staple in my bathroom cabinet, mostly because it feels invigorating without feeling harsh on the skin.



Lastly, I sampled the Daily Energizer Cream. The texture is very luxurious - thick enough for good coverage but light and smooth when applied to the face. It's not as refreshing as the other products, but then, a face cream is to moisturise, to soak into the skin and feed it, rather than perk it up. It's a good moisturiser, a good daily cream. I might be more inclined to use as a night cream, but that's just down to personal choice as mostly I use an SPF as a daily moisturiser.







Overall, I like the Eclat Du Jour products. The one I'd go back to would definitely be the Daily Energizer Wake-Up Booster as it's definitely the one that I feel is missing from my current beauty routine, and I haven't yet found anything that works quite like it. The best part is that really does boost my skin and wakens me up a bit, but without drying the skin out or feeling harsh.
















With thanks to Clarins.
Eclat Du Jour collection is available at Clarins counters nationwide.

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion