Beauty Busters: Iconic Eras of Style Limited Edition ghds - fashion for faith in four colors

Friday, July 15, 2011

Beauty Busters: Iconic Eras of Style Limited Edition ghds

A couple months ago, I cut my hair. It was fairly long before I cut it; my Mum (a trained, professional hairdresser!) took around four inches off the length in the hope that it would breathe new life into my tired, dry hair. Thankfully, it did. My hair felt bouncier, smoother and sleeker, although it will always have a level of dryness because it’s naturally curly, which I hate. I prefer a slightly more groomed look than the frizzy mess I was born with!
I much prefer my long hair, but in order to boost my barnet I embraced the look by channelling the long, relaxed bob. Think Olivia Palermo or Jennifer Aniston. To get the look, I used a limited edition set of ghds. The Iconic Eras of Style limited edition ghds contain the ghd Gold Classic styler (very sleek, very compact) and a brown, fringed bag to really help you achieve the relaxed, boho vibe.

The limited edition ghd styler is inspired by three eras, so there are three different collections to choose from. There’s Glamour, New Wave and Boho Chic, which is the one I chose to get the desired effect (relaxed but polished).

The ghds themselves are brilliant – really slim and lightweight and they are installed with a safety sensor which means any unattended ghds automatically switch off if left unused for any length of time. (No more, “Did I switch the straighteners off?!” panics when you’re twenty minutes away from home).
I use them regularly, and they are really easy to use - they come with a super long cord that swivels as you move and work your hands round your head to catch all of your hair. The result is smooth, wavy and soft, if not quite as perfect as Olivia and Jen.




What do you think? I am looking forward to having long hair again, but for now, I’ll work the Boho Chic as best as I can – a good start is by carrying that amazing fringed clutch.

   
About the Iconic Eras of Style Limited Editions ghds


Each limited edition set contains the ghd Gold Classic styler, a stunning bag representing the era that gives a nod to this season’s catwalk trends, ghd hair clips and protective plate guard, as well as a get-the-look book showing you how to recreate these iconic styles at home.


















With such a versatile collection, who better to be the face of the new ghd collection than chameleon pop star, Katy Perry? Chief Executive of ghd, Paul Stoneham, says, “Katy is the epitome of modern fashion and styling. Her unique, ever changing looks are the envy of style devotees around the world. Katy completely embodies ghd’s spirit of female transformation and empowerment, as she is recognised as a cutting edge style icon unafraid to push fashion and beauty boundaries.”

Get yours now at www.ghdhair.com.


RRP for ghd Iconic Eras of Style Limited Editions is £129.

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion