Oscars Wrap Up ~ Final Thoughts - fashion for faith in four colors

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Oscars Wrap Up ~ Final Thoughts

This is coming a little late, but my goodness, Fashionable Reader, have I had a busy few weeks (with no sign of letting up). However, I did want to finish my thoughts on the Oscars. We are back to the treatment of the Rack, because, well that is the title of this blog after all.


Aside from being the wrong color (and it is) the cut of this dress is not flattering. It has nothing to do with her figure. Here, for example is a much better option.


A very similar cut but better for the following reasons: pleated volume on the top is better balanced with a fitted bottom, rater than more draping, which gets a little Greek for me. The color is millions of times better, although I think her shoes are a travesty. Long sleeves with cuts (if you must have them) are better than cuts sort of under the arm, as in the first dress. I think both would have been balanced better with an envelope clutch rather then the smaller ones they carry, but the embellishments are nice. I don't like the darker blue vanity panel at the front, the dress should have been re-cut to cross over for cleavage cover, not that sad little insert. Or at least, match the color, it doesn't do to draw attention in such a manner.


Sigh. If it looks like bra, acts like a bra, then you should hide it like a bra. I adore the cut of the dress and the color, but that strange bra thing in the middle is horrid. Here is a much better way to do it.


I'm not certain the leg is necessary, but the cut of this dress is even better ~ wide belt, a touch of sparkle, and the modesty panel (if you can call it that) is up at the top. This is a cut that would size up beautifully. I think this was one of the best dresses of the evening. The color is a little muted for most complexions but she wears it beautifully!

And I remind you of my favorite . . . this is how to wear it if you have a Rack.

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion