Book Outfits ~ Changeless - fashion for faith in four colors

Monday, July 2, 2012

Book Outfits ~ Changeless

So, Fashionable Reader, I am procrastinating terribly and have decided to post one of my occasional book outfit posts. Today, we will take a look at Changeless.


Book the Second of the Parasol Protectorate is all greys and black and teal. I've two outfits influenced by this book and formal one, as you see above and the flowing, which is more casual.


I love Alexia's dress on this cover, it's probably my favorite. In fact, I had it made up for me from Clockwork Couture.




 One of the things I really love about the Changeless cover is the range of teal to turquoise in both the dress and an script background slashes.


Here are some Retro Rack friendly images I've collected inspired by this cover, starting with some fun vintage pieces.

1912 Tunic dress Museum Purchase

 1930s Timeless Vixen Vintage; 1932  The Metropolitan Museum of Art

 1940 nov; 1953 Norman Norell  The Metropolitan Museum of Art

 1960 Hubert de Givenchy  The Metropolitan Museum of Art; 1961 Roger Vivier for Dior,  The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Here we have some retro images.






And here are a few modern takes on this color pallet.





Some interior design inspiration from this color pallet.



Something for Sophronia to wear in the Finishing School Series

1860s  The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Something for young Prudence to wear, in between the Parasol Protectorate and the Parasol Protectorate abroad books.

1885 Girl’s Dress  The Los Angeles County Museum of Art

And I will leave you with . . . cake!


Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion