Comic Con Outfit Special Bonus ~ DIY Silly Hat - fashion for faith in four colors

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Comic Con Outfit Special Bonus ~ DIY Silly Hat

So when I was in Portland on book tour a little while ago, I had two signings back-to-back in the same location, Fashionable Reader. Don't ask. Some adorable young ladies met me the first night and we got to chatting about knitting and crochet. Well, off they went and the next night returned only to present me with the cutest little crochet petit fours.


Well, I loved them and they made appearances at several tea events as decorative table elements. Then I saw this advertisement:


I was inspired! What else to do with a fiber art petit four but turn it into a hat!


So I took the larger of the two, some button thread, and a hairband I picked up for cheap at Ross and just stitched it on.


I must say that the hat was very much admired at Comic Con and this is my new favorite thing. I have a whole collection of headbands from Ross and my new instinct whenever I see a silly object is . . . can I make a tiny hat out of it? I'm getting very Ivy-ish in my old age in wanting to put everything on my head.


See a silly object? Just ask yourself. What would Ivy do? Forget Tim Gunn's "Make it Work." Make it into a hat!


And then drink tea wearing it, of course!

Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion