Comic Con Outfits ~ Night Three Blue & Black - fashion for faith in four colors

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Comic Con Outfits ~ Night Three Blue & Black

After a day spent in steampunk garb I changed that night for my easy royal blue dress. This is the one I put to the vote for the documentary. It's not vintage but it fits well and with the full skirt it looks good with flats.


With the AB off and about on his own I sadly got very few pictures of this outfit. But i paired it with black and fake white diamond accessories.





 Jason Wu

I like blue and black as a color combination, I think it's quite classic but with just enough edge. Wine or red with black is so popular in goth culture, that though I love it blue and black feels fresher to me.


To make it ultra modern I like to go for blue leather, or mix it with neutrals.


Kate Spade

Like green shoes I'm always on the hunt for some fun blue shoes.


But what I find I have are a number of royal blue tops and dresses.


And my retro cut JC Penny printed one is an old favorite. Apart form anything else, it packs great. Although, I am thinking of putting a crinoline under it to make it more poofy.


Some other retro takes on this dress.




Some vintage blue and black looks.

 Marilyn-Monroe-in-Gentlemen-Prefer-Blondes; 1949 The Los Angeles County Museum of Art

Some edgy almost steampunk and sci-fi takes on blue and black.




Something for my characters to wear.

 Something for Sophronia in the Finishing School books . . .

1850-1852  The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Something for Alexia in the Parasol Protectorate books . . .

1875  The Philadelphia Museum of Art

And something for Ivy after the Parasol Protectorate books . . .

 1880  The Los Angeles County Museum of Art


Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion