Favorite Trends of Summer ~ Pale Blue - fashion for faith in four colors

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Favorite Trends of Summer ~ Pale Blue

I love Pale Blue, for some strange reason I don't actually own anything in this color.  This last season, I suppose that blush was just easier to find in clothing items I felt fit niches in my closet. But I think I actually like pale blue better. And pale green is my all time favorite. But, Fashionable Reader I digress.


Pale blue is also a delightfully vintage color.

 From the movie Pin Up Girl; 1950s  Timeless Vixen Vintage

 1955  Nasjonalmuseet for Kunst, Arketketur, og Deisgn

 1955 Tina Leser  The FIDM Museum; 1956 James Galanos  The Philadelphia Museum of Art

 1905 Carresaute  Lucile  The Victoria & Albert Museum; 1928-1929 Evening Dress  Worth,  The Victoria & Albert Museum

I think one of the reasons pale blue came into trend this summer was because of the prevalence of lady like and retro looks on the runways and off.

 Oscar de la Renta; Emilio-Pucci;

 elie saab fall 2012 couture

 Queen Dita going formal; two casual street looks from the blogosphere.


 Don't want to wear an entire outfit of pale blue? Here are a few accessories:




 1930 Clip Brooches  Christie’s

To adapt into fall/winter I'd pair this color with black, as a practical option, navy for a little edge, or brown if I wanted a late 1960's early 1970s feel.





 Some wonderful street looks from the blogophere. I love the idea of leopard with pale blue.

And, of course, this wouldn't be a Gail blog without some . . .

Picks for the Characters!


A look into Ivy wardrobe, after the events in Timeless. First, something for a dinner party:

1885  The Metropolitan Museum of Art

And something for visiting hours.

1885  The Metropolitan Museum of Art

And something for a ball.

1885  The Philadelphia Museum of Art

And for underneath . . .

1880s  The Kyoto Costume Institute

And later on, something for Primrose to wear.

1898  Les Arts Décoratifs

Thats all for today! Here's hoping you have a lovely peaceful romantic pale blue sort of Thursday, Fashionable Reader.

By Gimme Some Sugar- Las Vegas

Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion