Beauty Busters: Contouring - fashion for faith in four colors

Friday, September 7, 2012

Beauty Busters: Contouring

I noticed on Instagram the other day that Kim Kardashian posted a before/after photograph of herself during a contouring make-up session with celebrity make up artist, Scott Barnes. I thought I'd give it a go, so did my own (very amateur version) right after a run before I showered. Just in case it was a disaster, you know?

Here is Kim:


And here is moi:



I know, I know. Not quite the same thing, but it really was just a rush job let's-try-this-out. I think if I were to take more time and focus on the areas properly, it would turn out quite nicely. First I applied a base of Clinique Repairwear. Then, I used Benefit High Brow for the highlighted areas, and St Tropez Wash Off Instant Glow Face for contouring the darker areas. I then dusted NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna and a bit of Benefit Hoola over my face. I didn't add anything else like eye make up or lippy, just simply the face/contouring and nothing else. And as I said, after a run! I might give this a go on a serious level because I do think it could work really well. Or maybe it's just that I've seen Kim's version, done by a professional - a girl can dream, right?!

Will you try contouring?




Share with your friends

Give us your opinion